Welcome to My Adventures in Bargain Hunting and Becoming Debt Free!

Monday, April 12, 2010

My Way of Contributing to Our Debt Snowball

So, as most of you know, I am an avid Dave Ramsey 'follower'. We are currently in the middle of Baby Step 2 and are constantly looking for ways to increase our debt snowball. Etsy is one of MY ways.

I started my Etsy shop with the intention of making a few extra bucks creating burp cloths and onesies. This quickly turned into a bit of a heartbreak for me. I didn't sell much of anything ... and, we still are trying to conceive baby #2. :(

Okay, well, I'll start making things for our daughter instead. I found the basis for my pillowcase dress pattern on a fellow blogger's website and went from there. The first one was not the greatest, but it taught me what I needed to change.

I've sold only 1 dress thus far (and made DD lots!), but I'm hopeful that business will take off!

Hubby and I have figured out that if we contribute just $100 more a month to the snowball, we'll pay off ALL of our consumer debt (credit cards & truck note) 6 months sooner! I'm hoping that I can add $100/month.

Without further ado, for your viewing pleasure, I present my pillowcase dresses ((and my adorable model))!



You can see the rest of my items in my Etsy store here or feel free to contact me for other purchase arrangements!

No comments:

Post a Comment